Software Engineer 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Software Engineer 1 to support a program located in Aurora, Colorado.
Our growing Aurora, Colorado team is comprised of approximately 700 engineers, developers, technical and business professionals. It is part of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems data systems operations. The facility is situated in Aurora, CO which is Colorado's third largest city with a population of more than 366,000, home to Buckley AFB. The site also sits within a two hour drive to Rocky Mountain National Park, as well as several world-class ski resorts perfect for our employees who take advantage of Northrop's flexible work arrangements.
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, support our government and military customers and help Northrop Grumman become a dynamic technology leader.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Software Engineer 1 will design, develop, document, test and debug application software and database driven web systems and special data processing systems.
- Candidate will participate in designing code solutions while working as part of a small team.
- Teams are comprised of other software engineers of various experience levels. Some interaction with users is expected.
- Team interactions include brainstorming, design guidance, requirements resolution and group coding best practices.
- This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-starter to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems.
- Possible call-in support may occur.
- Good written and verbal skills are important.
- 0 Years experiencewith Bachelors within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited college.
- Active TS/SCI access
- Adjudicated Polygraph (within7 years)
- Knowledge of UNIX or LINUX.
- Familiar with database concepts, Eclipse, and Subversion.
- Ability to obtain Security+CE Certificationwithin 60 days of start date(DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification; IAT Level II).
- Current Security+CE Certification (DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification; IAT Level II).
- Bachelor's Degree within a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other IT discipline from an accredited college.
Back to top