Software Engineer 1
Are you ready to join a leading global provider of software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems? Are you interested in working on products and systems that provide solutions for global security and defense? Are you looking to join a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience?
Northrop Grumman's Software Engineers work in collaborative, team-based environments to design, develop, and assure high-performing software systems. You will have the opportunity to be a flexible self-starter, working to create
solutions that keep our armed services safe and battle-ready around the world. We encourage innovation and forward thinking and expect our developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment
- Apply systems thinking to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs
- Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Ability to develop software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
- Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
- Development utilizing a Linux based development environment
- Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.
Back to top