Software Engineer 1
Are you ready to join a leading global provider of software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems? Are you interested in working on products and systems that provide solutions for global security and defense? Are you looking to join a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience?
Northrop Grumman's Software Engineers work in collaborative, team-based environments to design, develop, and assure high-performing software systems. You will have the opportunity to be a flexible self-starter, working to create
solutions that keep our armed services safe and battle-ready around the world. We encourage innovation and forward thinking and expect our developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment
- Apply systems thinking to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs
- Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Ability to develop software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
- Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
- Development utilizing a Linux based development environment
- Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top