Software Engineer 1
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Oklahoma City, OK, has an opening for a Software Engineer 1. The selected candidate will support the development of software that supports manned aircraft, unmanned aircraft, spacecraft, and mission management.
Software is increasingly becoming the key enabler for delivering new mission capabilities on our existing and new platforms under development. Our problem space is broad spanning across real time embedded systems (RTOS), ground based mission systems, to high fidelity simulation environments. We are looking for innovative builders that have a broad software background with the ability to dive deep into new highly challenging technical problems. If you are up for the challenge making a real difference in our mission of preserving freedom and advancing human discovery, we would love to have a discussion with you on the places you would best fit onto our programs, given your unique background, ideas, and interests.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) from an accredited institution
- Development experience in C, C , JAVA, or C#
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active in-scope DoD Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance (Interim DoD Secret clearance required to start)
- The ability to obtain program access
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- Proficient at Agile software development and continuous integration practices.
- Knowledgeable in one or more areas: high assurance software, flight critical software (DO-178), ARINC Standards, CMMI (3-5), hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, modern HTML UI development stacks, object oriented programming, design patterns, SQL Server/Database Development, middleware technologies (e.g., DDS, ActiveMQ), application servers (e.g., GlassFish, WebLogic, JBoss).
- TS Cleared, SAP/SAR
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top