Software Engineer 1
AtNorthrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work onrevolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around theworld today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom anddemocracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit tojoin forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Ourculture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringingyour whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what othersthink is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're makinghistory.
NorthropGrumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 1 tojoin our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be locatedin Oklahoma City, OK.
Theselected candidate will develop software in a process-oriented softwaredevelopment environment for aircraft and ground systems.
- Develop embedded software which will operate in a resource constrained target environment with soft and hard requirements
- Candidate will need familiarity with various processor, memory, and I/O architectures and be able to implement both procedural and object-oriented software in C/C and Java
- Candidate will work with operating systems ( VxWorks , Integrity, Linux) and their associated host/development environments and tools
Theselected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with highexpectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settingsacross all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment andbe able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, andintegration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 0 years of software engineering experience
- An active, in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain and maintain program access
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with software development using C and C
- Internship experience with Software Development, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Knowledgeable in: high assurance software, flight critical software (DO-178), ARINC Standards, CMMI (3-5), hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, object oriented programming, design patterns,
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
NorthropGrumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proudto be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisionswithout regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, orany other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparencystatement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship isrequired for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top