Software Development Functional Area Manager Deputy (17-009)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking a Software Functional Area Manager (FAM) Deputy to be a member of the Colorado Springs Software Organization. The SW FAM Deputy will be responsible for a geographically dispersed staff of approximately 100 software application developers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support multiple Task Order (TO) Program Managers by allocating staffing resources to meet TO staffing requirements.
- Resource staffing, planning, and assignment for the Functional Area to include interviewing and selecting the most qualified candidates from a pool provided by multiple teammates and subcontractors.
- Act as a mentor for the Development staff, identifying areas for growth and cross training of personnel across the TOs
- Perform as a Development SME, providing insight and recommendations to program leadership on technical and programmatic issues.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and continuously improve the common set of functional processes and metrics for Development activities across all Task Orders.
- Provide technical expertise during the development of Engineering Estimates, ROMs, ECPs, and proposals.
Duties at times will only comprise 50% allocation, depending on external demands placed on the SW FAM. The other 50% of the tasking will be in support of DEV OBS leadership, working with BCQ/DCMA to implement and refine a robust metrics management system, working with the SDE lead to monitor and transform the development environment to be as efficient as possible, and potentially serving as proposal lead within the SW organization to ensure bids are completed by requested deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field such as engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, from an accredited college.
- 10 years experience managing and maintaining a large technical team on complex Development programs.
- Exceptional team building, leadership, interpersonal, and project planning skills.
- Superior understanding of the software engineering life cycle, as well as experience with network infrastructure design and modeling and simulation development.
- Extensive work experience supporting proposal and ROM generation.
- Experience working in multi-subcontractor team environment.
- Ability to access technology and process improvements and brief recommendations to senior leadership.
- Leadership experience on a complex DoD Development program is strongly desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top