Software Development Analyst 3
The Computer Aided Design (CAD) Development/Support position supports production CAD instances throughout the Northrop Grumman enterprise. The position requires developing and maintaining in-depth knowledge of current application portfolio and the technical needs of program and functional end-users. This includes development of automation scripting and code, as well as addressing end-user incidents and requests for assistance within agreed service level guidance in support of business and ITpriorities.
- End-user support of CAD software including, but not limited to NX, CATIA V5, Pro-E/Creo, SolidWorks, and Multi-CAD Data Management and Integrations in development and production environments.
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems with the CAD environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor, address, and resolve production CAD environment incidents, service requests, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with the Product Data Management (PDM) / Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) development and administration teams.
- Document all aspects of system support such that knowledge is readily shared among all those tasked with supporting CAD instances.
- Support System Integration Test and User Acceptance Testing with business users as necessary.
- Provide demos to users when required.
- Prepare training material and arrange training sessions for business users.
- Support business readiness and change management activities prior to go-live and in production.
- 5 years of relevant experience with Bachelor's in Science degree; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD.
- 5 years CAD support experience with NX, CATIA, Pro-E/Creo, SolidWorks or similar functions, capabilities, and support within a large enterprise.
- Proven track record supporting major CAD software in an enterprise environment with multiple geographically disperse instances.
- Experience with CAD support and incident resolution.
- Experience with Siemens NX
- Experience supporting CAD in a PDM/PLM environment with Teamcenter, ENOVIA, or other major PDM/PLM systems
- Additional experience with other applications associated with enterprise PLM such as eQube, HarnesSys, IBM Rational Suite, and custom applications
- Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users
- Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality
Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top