Software Development Analyst 3
Software Developer and Analyst needed to support Engineering Tools for Aerospace Systems Sector in San Diego and El Segundo, CA. The position will maintain and develop applications used by engineering personnel, educate program personnel and diagnose process and data issues on the suite of applications used by Engineering for program operations. Perform liaison function between application business functions and sector business process functional home rooms.
Research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Document testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works under general direction
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contact
- Requirements definition and planning
- Server configuration consultation
- Client PC deployment
- Documentation of testing and maintenance of systems
- License management
- Trouble ticket resolution
- Conformance to CMMI Level 3 processes
- 5 years of relevant IT professional experience with a Bachelor's degree, 3 Years with a Master's
- Familiarity with Engineering application support, development and maintenance
- Experience with supporting applications and users within a large enterprise
- Experience with desktop, client/server and web architecture end-user support and incident resolution
- Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities of the Engineering tools used at Northrop Grumman as they apply to mechanical, electrical, or systems product development cycles.
- Experience with C#.NET, ASP.NET, Team Foundation Server and other Microsoft software development environments.
- Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
- Work effectively within teams where other team members may be located throughout the country and influencing others to action who are not direct reports.
- Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is preferred, but not required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top