Software Development Analyst 2/3
The qualified applicant will provide support for one of Northrop Grumman's manufacturing execution systems - Solumina. This application is commercially available software that has been customized for use in this specific environment. He or she will be responsible for the customized reports created and maintained in Crystal Reports along with providing daily user support and multiple other enhancement and maintenance tasks. The incumbent will report directly to a Business Application Services functional manager within the Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Logistics horizontal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support report design, development, implementation and maintenance efforts for the Solumina application using Crystal Reports Developer and Business Objects.
- Provide onsite day-to-day technical and customer user support for Solumina and Crystal Reports.
- Maintain scripts to refresh Oracle reporting databases.
- Coordinate routine maintenance of applications that must occur off-shift (apply and test patches, update service account passwords, address server and application vulnerabilities, etc.)
- Perform tasks in support of systems analysis and requirements gathering.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
Software Development Analyst 2:
- Minimum 2 years of professional IT experience with Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field (0 years with Master's degree).
Software Development Analyst 3:
- Minimum 5 years of professional IT experience with Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field (3 years with Master's degree).
- Proficiency with Crystal Reports and an understanding of the data structures and database views required to utilize it.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with any programming languages
- Experience with user document creation and test plan development.
- Interpersonal skills for effectively interfacing with a diverse set of people including both customers and management.
- Ability to take initial instructions and work independently on a project or task until completion.
- Ability to acquire an SCI clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Active SCI clearance
- Detailed knowledge of the Solumina application
- Experience with any scripting languages
- Windows Server administration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top