Software Development Analyst 2 (High Performance Computing)
The Enterprise Service IT Solutions organization is seeking a Software Development Analyst to support software tools for the design of command, control and communication in both classified and unclassified environments for AS Sector in Redondo Beach, CA. The position will support and maintain software solution for the High Performance Computing environment, and diagnose process and data issues on the suite of applications. The incumbent will perform as the liaison function between application business functions and sector business process functional home rooms.
He/she will research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Document testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Works under general direction of manager and project lead
• Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contact
• Requirements definition and planning
• Server configuration consultation
• Client PC consultation
• Documentation of testing and maintenance of systems
• License management
• Trouble ticket resolution
• Conformance to CMMI Level 3 processes
• 2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors in Science degree, or similar technical discipline; 0 years of experience with a Masters
• Familiarity with Engineering application support, development and maintenance.
• Proven experience programming in Fortran, C, C and ASP.NET.
• Experience with supporting applications and users within a large enterprise.
• Experience with desktop, client/server and web architecture end-user support and incident resolution.
• Ability to learn architecture Environment, and maintain code base primarily in scripts and Python.
• Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities of the Engineering tools used at Northrop Grumman as they apply to mechanical, electrical, or systems product development cycles.
• Experience with Northrop Grumman AS Sector standards modeling and simulations.
• Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top