Software Development Analyst 2
The Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services organization is seeking an Application Administrator to join its team in Melbourne, Fl.
The selected candidate will provide Application Administration support on both Windows and Linux environments for business application systems. This individual will apply technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Work is performed without appreciable direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results. At times candidate will be lead technical evaluations of tools and processes that affect the overall environment.
Primary duties include:
- Perform application maintenance/support tasks to ensure integrity and efficient performance of systems.
- Participate in the research and resolution of system/customer problems.
- Research and install software packages as needed.
- Document and improve work processes.
- Provide thorough coordination with customers, application developers, customers, and other IT groups.
- Team lead for many application administration activities
- Provides leadership, guidance and mentoring to Jr. level peers.
- Need excellent people skills
Analytical tasks include but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain smooth operation and physical design of environment/applications.
- Review design and integration of systems, provide backup recovery and make recommendation regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintain security and integrity controls.
- Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to system management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization.
- Develop automated procedures and reporting of system health
- 2 years of relevant IT experience with a Bachelor's in Science degree; 0 years with a Master's
- Proven administrative experience with Windows and Linux Servers.
- Proven administrative experience with IIS and Apache Web servers
- Familiarity with Agile Process
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Knowledge of scripting (automated) procedures
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles
- Security certification is required
- Windows and Linux server administration
- 5 years of overall IT experience and a Bachelor's degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top