Software Development Analyst 2
The Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Development/Support position supports production CAE instances throughout the Northrop Grumman enterprise. The position requires developing and maintaining in-depth knowledge of current application portfolio and the technical needs of program and functional end-users. This includes development of automation scripting and code, as well as addressing end-user incidents and requests for assistance within agreed service level guidance in support of business and IT priorities.
Position can be located in either Melbourne, FL or El Segundo, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- End-user technical support of CAE software including, but not limited to MSC Patran, Nastran, FEMAP, NX Nastran and Abaqus applications in development and production environments.
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems within the CAE environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor, address, and resolve production CAE environment incidents, service requests, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with other support teams.
- Document all aspects of system support such that knowledge is readily shared among all those tasked with supporting CAE instances.
- Support SIT and UAT with business users as necessary.
- Provide demos to users as and when required.
- Prepare training material and arrange training sessions for business users.
- Support business readiness and change management activities prior to go-live and in production.
Bachelor's degree or Professional Engineer in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field.
5 years minimum CAE support experience with MSC Patran, Nastran, FEMAP, NX Nastran, Abaqus or applications with similar functions, capabilities.
Proven track record supporting major CAE software in an enterprise environment with multiple geographically disperse instances. Experience with CAE support and incident resolution.
Fluent in at least one computer programming language.
Must have active secret security clearance.
50% domestic travel is required
Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities in native CAE applications and Data Management as they apply to analysis disciplines. Experience supporting CAE in Windows and Linux environments.
Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
Work effectively within teams where other team members may be located throughout the country and influencing others to action who are not direct reports. Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality.
Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top