Software Development Analyst
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified applicant will be involved in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC), from requirements gathering, analysis and design, development, testing, implementation, and production support. Our team recently developed and implemented a new Web Content Management System (WCMS) across CDC using WordPress as the core with plug-ins and custom code. This back-end developer will help refine and extend this tailored version of WordPress.
- Design, develop, test, and implement bug-fixes, enhancements, and new features leveraging WordPress core, plug-ins, and custom code
- Develop, test, and integrate WCMS functionality as needed to ensure compliance with CDC and HHS standards, including Responsive Design templates
- Maintain the WCMS by identifying and correcting software defects
- Provide level 2 production support assistance (including complex troubleshooting) to level 1 helpdesk and end users
- Develop and support ongoing testing efforts – both automated and manual
- Work from written specifications and pre-established guidelines and procedures to perform the functions of the job
- Ensure secure coding practices are adhered to in all phases of the development lifecycle
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience or an Associate's degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience
- 4 years of experience building high-scale websites with WordPress CMS, including themes, child-themes, plug-in and add-on development
- 3 years of experience with development of custom WordPress solutions (front-end and back-end)
- Advanced understanding of the WordPress Core
- Understanding of WordPress coding best practices
- Fluent in PHP and MySQL, especially in the context of WordPress
- Familiarity with source control management
- A solid understanding of web application development processes
- Ability to work independently, on a large team, and on concurrent tasks
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Agile software development desired, along with experience with JIRA and/or SharePoint
- Experience implementing WordPress on Microsoft IIS servers desirable
- Experience with Git for source code management
- Experience supporting public health or healthcare-related projects
- Experience as a Government contractor
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top