Software Developer 3/4
W hat You'll get to Do:
•Develop Threat Modeling software using Java, python, and MATLAB.
•Participate as a member of an Agile development team
•Translate Missile Modeling algorithms developed by a Subject Matter Expert into production-quality code.
•Developing using the Atlassian software suite.
•Developing Java thick client application using JavaFX.
•Developing thick client applications utilizing UX principles.
•Developing databases using MariaDB.
•Developing unit and integration/system tests, all automated.
•Documenting designs and facilitating design reviews.
•Supporting priorities identified by the product owner and system engineering staff.
Brief Description: Mid-Level Software Engineer to support the Threat Modeling Center (TMC) product line of the DE Task Order on the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) program. The job location is at Schriever AFB, CO.
Complete Description: Position requires a software engineer experienced in software development to support the modeling and simulation of missile defense systems. Candidate will design, develop, test, document and integrate simulation products for the Threat Modeling Center (TMC) organization using C++ and/or C# programming languages on Windows and Linux operating systems. Primary responsibilities include designing and developing software to model various BMDS elements capabilities. Candidate may be responsible for leading development of an agile software feature team within the context of a larger team. Candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of simulation and software architectures. Additional responsibilities could include interfacing with TMC customers and presenting technical briefings to TMC stakeholders.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
- Level 3: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Level 4: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Experience programming in C++, C#, and/or Java.
- Currently have, or able to obtain, a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Have a strong understanding of object oriented software development, and have a working knowledge of Windows
- Experience in phases of software development, including analysis, design, code, test and integration.
- Experience in engineering M&S systems using an optimistic and/or conservative discrete event simulation platform.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies like Scrum. Experience with JIRA and GIT.
- Knowledge/experience in several of the following: missile defense domain knowledge, command and control, and modeling and simulation development.
- Candidate must have experience in a leadership role on a software engineering team. Design skills should include the use of UML, and tools such as Enterprise Architect or Rational Rose.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top