Software Database Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Software Database Engineer 3 to support the AAQ-24 Program. The Engineer will be responsible for system tool development for multiple systems to be utilized within the Program.
- The ability to understand and interpret C, C , C#, and VBA code to manage and maintain repair systems and tools.
- Interface daily with functional business partners, users of the systems to develop and maintain system tools that support the Programs business.
- Diagnose system failures to isolate the source of problems between equipment, software, and applications.
- Coordinate and interface between a multitude of projects and functional program groups.
- Design decisions regarding tool choice , interface development and method functionality
- Develop and maintain applications using C, C , C#, VBA programming, and SQL.
- Design database schema ( including complex queries ) to support business applications
- Apply knowledge of general business practices associated with cost budgeting, financial forecasting, processing cycle times, scheduling, material constraints, sales, etc to assist Program Management in the development efforts to support program efficiency and profitability .
- Work independently while answering to management on deliverables.
- Develop documentation and training materials for system tools designed.
- 5 years of database development experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Access
- Microsoft Office Macro development
- C programming experience
- VBA or equivalent programming
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Knowledge of AAQ24 Sustainment Program or similar electronic systems repair program .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top