Software Configuration Manager
We are looking for a high-caliber individual with a background in software configuration management to support the Software Mission Assurance group. These tasks will include the mission/quality assurance, process improvement, and/or software/ground software development, software systems engineering, and software program execution. The candidate selected will monitor, audit and assure software/firmware, product development, compliance to contractual requirements, software product safety standard, and customer goal satisfaction.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a good understanding of the software life cycle, process and product compliance, ISO, IEEE and NASA standards, nonconformance system, detail oriented approach,Identify/capture noncompliance and risks throughout the software's development life cycle, maintenance to include review and approve program plans, design documents, Statement of Work, Software builds/release, and scripts related to ground software. Other duties will include participation in major review boards, test readiness reviews,software changes in the Software Configuration Control Board (SCCB). Monitor, audit, and perform software sub gap analysis, compliance audits, and requirements testability.
Excellent people and technical skills are required to coordinate with various subsystems, conduct internal and subcontractor compliance analysis and audits, implement corrective actions, and interact with management. He/she will be working on spacecraft programs, ensuring overall software/firmware development life-cycle process compliance including software planning, design, implementation, verification, validation, acceptance and delivery.
The Software Mission Assurance Engineer will support one or more intelligence community software programs from the Dulles, VA location.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with 5 years of experience or 3 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree
- Candidate must have an active Top Secret/SCI level clearance
- Experience developing and maintaining Software Mission Assurance plan in alignment with applicable requirements and planned activities
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills to be able to articulate with multiple members to include clients and stakeholder
- Represent the interest of Software Quality Assurance and Software Safety Assurance
- Experience in software/ground software development
- Experience in software safety engineering or in any human flight safety
- Have a quality mindset (able to spot goodness and well as deficiencies in process and products) as well as a systems mindset (able to see the big picture and solve problems)
- Familiar with Software Assurance Standards: ISO, NASA, IEE, TOR, etc.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top