Software Configuration Management Analyst 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Configuration Management Analyst 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
Responsibilities include: Develop and maintain software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of software products; Perform configuration management and release engineering tasks; Design, develop, automate, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of version control and defect tracking tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
The candidate will have the opportunity to provide Software Configuration Management support throughout the software life cycle, and ensures software and configuration management policies and standards are met. Must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, ability to interface with other groups within the project, strong written and verbal communication skills, well developed abstract problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment. Works under general direction. Determines and develops technical solutions to moderately complex problems independently.
- Bachelor's degree
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Minimum of 1 year experience in software development lifecycle and processes
- Understanding of productivity tools using programming, database, or scripting languages in support of software development
- Experience with originating/updating and proofreading documents for publishing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications to generate documents such as reports, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Proficient in Linux and Windows environments with development experience in C, Perl and shell scripting languages
- Knowledge of Military & Civil Space (SBIRS, JPSS, JTAGS P3I, iSAGE) program experience Experience in developing software configuration approaches and maintenance of the SCM library and processes
- Experience in the SCM functions of configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting, and audits
- Experience with and comprehensive understanding of software development and configuration management tools (i.e., Jira, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Git, Collaborator), including current SCM industry standards and practices.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top