Software Configuration Analyst 4
Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable. Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
Duties consist of creating, documenting, releasing, and controlling software versions and supporting documentation. Describing the baseline and how changes will be controlled and released, then controlling baseline changes through configuration control boards (CCB) and obtaining approvals. Verifying that the resulting products (software items) conform to the intention of the designer(s) and within the standards established by the approved baselines. And running periodic audits and technical reviews to make sure that baseline documentation is current and accurate.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline is required.
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in software configuration is needed.
- Must have 4 years of experience with CM software tools (example: JIRA, Razor, Subversion, ClearCase, ClearQuest, or similar).
- Experience with Software Library standup, and/or maintenance, is required.
- Knowledge of configuration change control, software builds, and/or software release experience is needed.
- Must have 7 years of experience with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Must have a current DoD Secret level security clearance, or higher, with an original adjudication date, or a periodic reinvestigation date, completed within the last 6 years.
- Candidates must be able to obtain, and maintain, a Special Access Programs (SAP/SAR) level clearance as a condition of continued employment.
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in Computer Science.
- 9 years of experience as a Software Configuration Analyst in a defense, aerospace, or military aviation environment is preferred.
- 3 years of experience (expert knowledge) of the Atlassian tools suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Git/Stash, etc.)
- Understanding of MIL-HDBK-61A or MIL-HDBK-61B.
- Active DOD Top Secret clearance, or current SAP/SAR clearance, is desirable but not required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top