Software Configuration Analyst 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Software Configuration Analyst 3 to join our Airborne Electronic Attack team at NAWC Point Mugu, CA.
This person will be responsible for performing configuration management of software, creating software builds, creating software installs, and installing the software onto computers. This person will be required to prepare software version description documents which will identify all of the changes that have gone into the software and document all of the known defects in the software. This person will work closely with project managers, software developers, and testers.
- Managing views, VOBs, configuring systems and communicating these items to the team.
- Processing baseline update requests (BURs), creating builds, and updating labels in ClearCase or TFS.
- Maintaining the build script.
- Teaching people how to use the build script and the CM tool.
- Maintaining source lines of code (SLOC) metrics.
- Generate SLOC numbers for each build.
- Document SLOC numbers in the metrics.
- Perform preliminary software smoke testing and high level functional testing.
- Writing the software version descriptions.
- Creating and updating InstallShield project files for software and database installs.
- Debugging installs.
- Preparing machines for VM imaging.
- Install software onto machine.
- Disseminating VMs to team members (once they are returned from IT).
- Property management.
- Physical property tracking.
- Managing the storage of hardware.
- Imaging laptops with software for the testers and to provide to EWDS.
- Resolving laptop problems.
- Managing the imaging server; putting laptop images onto the server and downloading them onto laptops.
- Checking in CDs and DVDs into the lab.
- Documenting processes and suggesting process improvements.
- Bachelors in STEM related discipline and 5 years of experience; 3 years with a Masters.
- Experience managing views, VOBs, configuring systems and communicating these items to the team.
- Experience maintaining source lines of code (SLOC) metrics, generating SLOC numbers for builds, and documenting SLOC numbers in the metrics.
- Ability to write software version descriptions.
- Experience with two or more of the following; Rational ClearCase, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, InstallShield 2015, VMware, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Active Secret Clearance required.
- Familiarity with CMMI/AS9100 processes.
- Scripting (VB Script, shell scripting, batch) experience desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top