Software Configuration Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Software Configuration Analyst level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located in Lanham, Maryland.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together, the qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Technical Support for the Enterprise Systems Testing Project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Individual will implement and conduct software configuration management (CM) and version control of multiple programs in IBM mainframe, MS Windows, and UNIX client/server environments.
- Programs support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax administration pipeline.
- Individual will use ENDEVOR, Clearcase, IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) and established, IRS-approved procedures and practices to process and stage transmittals of the software for Systems Acceptability Test and Production.
- Individual will also be responsible for working with the program developers to troubleshoot and resolve configuration management issues in a timely manner.
- Provide Documentation support (e.g. SOP, deliverables to our customer, etc.), and 508 User Support
- Provide process improvement activities like ITIL certification and automate repetitive tasks
- As required function in a lead capacity mentoring junior employees and provide technical direction and provide interact with the client stakeholders
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS Degree with a minimum of 2 years experience OR Master's Degree OR High School diploma and 6 years of related experience
- Minimum 2 years of progressive IT experience, with a focus on software configuration management using ENDEVOR (Mainframe)
- Understanding of software configuration management concepts, industry practices and standards
- Minimum 2 years of UNIX experience
- Minimum 1 Year of experience in Technical Writing or providing Documentation and 508 User Support
- Requires ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) security clearance, U.S. Citizenship or 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
- Perl scripting and UNIX scripting knowledge
- Rational ClearCase experience
- IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) experience
- ITIL experience
- Knowledge of current IRS tax administration software applications
- Active IRS MBI security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top