Software Configuration Analyst 2
Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable. Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
Duties consist of creating, documenting, releasing, and controlling software versions and supporting documentation. Describing the baseline and how changes will be controlled and released, then controlling baseline changes through configuration control boards (CCB) and obtaining approvals. Verifying that the resulting products (software items) conform to the intention of the designer(s) and within the standards established by the approved baselines. And running periodic audits and technical reviews to make sure that baseline documentation is current and accurate.
As part of the Software Configuration Management team you will work hand-in-hand with the engineers to understand long-term goals, milestones, issues and release schedule while creating infrastructure and process for builds, helping to manage branching/merging, creating customer releases and automation. As a CM expert, you will help define/develop the software Configuration Management plans including implementation of instructions for formal check-in of software, and help the program set up and document streamlined process solutions suitable for full automation, while making sure builds are repeatable and documented. To ensure software readiness for deployment, you will also create and facilitate peer reviews for release documentation and track build readiness as well as the program SW content and quality.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in software, configuration management, or hands-on experience executing build/release of software, following defined processes.
- Must have experience with CM software tools (example: Razor, Subversion, ClearCase, ClearQuest, or similar).
- Must have 2 years of experience with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Understanding of military aircraft and associated hardware, systems or sub-systems, is needed.
- Must have a current DoD Secret level security clearance (or higher), with an original adjudication date, a periodic review date, or a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) date completed within the last 6 years, to be considered.
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, a Special Access Programs (SAP/SAR) level clearance as a condition of continued employment.
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in a STEM filed, and 1 year of experience as a Software Configuration Analyst, working in a defense aerospace or military aviation environment.
- Experience with Rational ClearCase and Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Bit Bucket, Git) is highly desirable.
- Experience with Software Library standup, or maintenance, is helpful.
- Lab configuration/control, software builds, and software reviews experience is desirable.
- Experience with continuous integration software build tools (such as Maven, Make, Ant); and build server tools (such as Jenkins, Bamboo, GoCD, CloudFormation).
- Experience in scripting using Java or Python, build automation.
- Proven expertise in Software Configuration management, release management and build processes.
- Experience with issue management and release management processes.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Candidates should be able to obtain, and maintain, a Special Program Access (SAP/SAR) clearance level as a condition of continued employment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top