Software Architect 5
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Architect 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Candidate acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs on already fielded systems as well as new programs/systems entering test. Work accomplished typically supports long-range strategic goals; focus on areas of Cyber Security, RTOS, and software optimization. Work is checked only to the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring immediate and long-term objectives. Immediate results are getting systems out of lab/test or recovery and back to programmatic and technical health. Long term results are in positioning the program with an action plan to maintain performance. All work is self-supervisory and results-driven in re-gaining program progression after technical risks have been realized.
- Candidate will be responsible for improving software quality across programs at and across the MAD COE; will vet and create training, best practices, and software to institutionalize solid software engineering principles across programs.
- In addition to supporting the MAD CoE, the Architect will be expected to work with the other NGAS CoEs.
- Candidates must demonstrate success in cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with peers and top leadership; candidates is comfortable briefing directors and VPs, earning their trust and cultivating credibility while keeping calm under stressful situations.
- Must address both hardware and software and have demonstrated ability to apply theory to practice.
- This position will require travel and sometimes at the last minute so the candidate must be flexible
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline (STEM) from an accredited university and 14 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline (STEM) from an accredited university and 12 years of software engineering experience
- An active in-scope DoD Secret clearance and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain program access
- Software participant in RCCAs for multiple programs
- Architected protocols, algorithms, and solutions with proven maintainability and durability
- Candidate is an expert in Computer Science and Engineering with a history of successful problem remediation
- At least one year of experience troubleshooting complex systems
- Candidate is fluent in multiple programming languages, familiar with their idiomatic constructs; able to jump between declarative, functional, and procedural languages; respected as an expert in at least one language. Candidate must also be able to work at multiple levels of the software stack, including low-level kernel code, server-side SQL, middleware business logic, and high-level presentation layers
- Candidate has provided pivotal technical solutions to programs during critical troubleshooting events, such as RCCAs and Flight Test
- Architect must have demonstrated the ability to quickly review, analyze, and understand complex software systems; must have experience being able to diagnose and troubleshoot production systems
- Teaching experience a plus to assist in explaining CSE (Computer Science & Engineering) concepts to non-engineering individuals
- Previous experience briefing and interacting with senior customer officials and internal executive management
- Software Lead in RCCAs for multiple programs
- Experience in documenting best practices and revising processes (command media) to institutionalize corrective actions and best practices is a plus
- Active, In scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top