Software Application Developer
The Software Application Developer works at the United States Postal Service (USPS) Central Repair Facility (CRF) in Topeka, KS. The CRF is a depot repair facility for USPS mail processing, delivery, and bulk mail systems repairable parts. Examples: repairing printed circuit boards, electrical, electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies to component level. The CRF provides depot level maintenance for essential automation, mechanization, retail and bulk mail processing systems used in all mail processing and retail installations.
• The Software Application Developer develops database driven applications in a client/server environment.
• Performs requirements gathering and documenting
• Does problem analysis to determine the best approach / methodology for application design
• Designs, documents and deploys database changes to support application requirements
• Utilizing software development tools, designs and codes application software using Object Oriented Methodology and principles
• Using various database modeling tools, develops and interprets database model diagrams to implement sound business logic
• Extensive contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts
• Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal or external representatives concerning specifics operations
• Performs other related tasks as assigned
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (or equivalent work experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree) with 5 years demonstrated work experience (or equivalent combination of training and professional work experience that provides the required knowledge and skills.)
• United States Postal Service Sensitive security clearance required to start
• Possess coding proficiency using:
• Visual C++ / C#
• Windows .Net Framework
• Must have demonstrated experience coding TSQL in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
• Software Experience:
• Microsoft Developer Studio 2010 / 2013 / 2015
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012
• Microsoft Internet Information Server
• Microsoft Professional Office Suite
• Windows Server 2008 / 2012
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Lean Six Sigma and ISO 9001 experience or training
• Sedentary work
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Physical activity may include reaching, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motion.
• Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top