Software and Digital Technologies Manager 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager Level 3 position in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S) Software and Digital Technologies organization for our Southern California region.
This position is responsible for providing the people, processes and tools to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the NGMS portfolio. This role will provide the technical and people leadership needed to establish and maintain a world class Software and Digital Technologies organization, across multiple divisions and programs and an incredibly diverse and advanced portfolio. This leader will provide support for over 220 people at locations in Woodland Hills, Camarillo, Point Mugu, and Goleta, CA; Bellevue, NE; and the greater Washington DC area. This role will have overall responsibility for the development, design, implementation, application, training, and product support of state-of-the-art solutions in support of NGMS captures, programs and research and development.
- Provide functional oversight across the Southern California region including bid and proposal inputs for future work, independent technical reviews of major programs and R&D projects as well as EM&S organizational budget management.
- Establish and maintain the discipline specific processes and tools for NGMS programs, and champion consistency across the discipline ensuring reuse, common tools and training/skill development through all levels of the organization.
- Facilitate and promote Affordability, Knowledge Management, Engineering Utilization, and other process improvement initiatives including the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. The successful candidate must also possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the successful candidate must have demonstrated strong abilities to collaborate and lead virtually as a part of a geographically dispersed team. Finally, the successful candidate must have demonstrated success in influencing the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelor of Science degree and 8 years of technical experience in any combination of Systems, Software, Digital Technologies, Hardware, or Cyber engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- Previous experience in People and Technical Leadership roles.
- Working knowledge of Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, processes, and tools.
- Proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D or Advanced Systems, technology, and/or functional environments.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance.
- Master of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline and/or MBA degree.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations.
- Experience as a technical leader and visionary with knowledge of Navigation & Positioning Systems, Rotary Wing/Vertical Lift or Advanced Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Systems, Electronic Attack, embedded software or experience in the development of SWDT products within the Land and Avionics C4 ISR, Airborne C4 ISR, Missile Defense and Protective Systems or Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Divisions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top