Socio Economic Bus Liaison 2
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Socio Economic Business Liaison 2 in our El Segundo, CA location.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Increasing awards to Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), Historically Black Colleges/University and Minority Institutions (HBCUs/MIs), Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB), Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) and HUBzone Small Business and assure that maximum practicable subcontracting opportunities are offered to all.
- Assuring the company meets full government compliance by preparing and reviewing Subcontracting Plans. Implements all elements of FAR 52.219-9 and participates in the process and pre-proposal activities with the appropriate decision-making management to ensure the maximum practicable participation for all classes of SBs.
- Monitors adherence to all applicable procurement procedures in soliciting all classes of SBs to achieve maximum potential bid exposure, where no SB concern is known for a commodity, provides assistance in locating potential sources or confirm that none are known. Will be acting as the focal point for all potential source referrals, distributes referral information to applicable buying groups and follows-up for disposition.
- Acts as advocate for all classes of SBs. In addition, this position requires a large amount of data extraction from SAP, business warehouse, and internal systems; data analysis, and monthly report/metrics by division and sector. The Socio Economic Business Liaison 2 will also support Sourcing and Supplier Relations group with Subcontractor Annual compliance Certifications, vendor master input/validation, and data validation housed in the Business Intelligence Tool.
- Review, prepare and monitor Small Business Subcontracting Plans, while preparing and analyzing monthly Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems metric reporting. Conduct annual and periodic SEBP training for AS sector Contract Administrators, Buyers, and others, as required by statutory requirements.
- Preparing semi-annual government SF294s/SF295s and other reports, as required. Assisting in compliance reviews with Defense Contract Management Agency and Small Business Administration. Assisting current and new suppliers with doing business with Northrop Grumman, problem solving, submitting data. Support Global Supplier Diversity Programs including; Act as a sector representative for various local and regional trade associations; participate in trade shows, conferences and meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3-years of experience in government procurement, contracts or subcontracts working with FAR/DFAR – OR – Masters Degree with minimum of 1-year of experience in government procurement, contracts or subcontracts working with FAR/DFAR.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR and general contract law principles.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel; ability to write macros, V-Lookup; pivot tables; charts; match & index capabilities and Visual Basic Applications
- Proficient with remaining MS Office Suite applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Notes)
- SAP system knowledge
- Extensive experience with proposal support/proposal operations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top