Site Engineering Lead (17-110 )
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
Candidate responsibilities include:
- Candidates must have experience working in an integrated team environment with other engineers and fielding/deployment personnel to develop solutions during design and installation phases of a project.
- Skills required include: engineering leadership, identification and definition of desired capabilities, fielding of new capabilities, integration practices and methods, communicating the desired solutions and outcomes to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and deployment staff.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree with 14 years of work related experience, or 12 years with a Masters degree, or 9 years with a PhD
- Mid-Career level hardware/systems engineering experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assign tasking and monitor progress for assigned team.
- Familiarity with drafting practices and DoD Drawing requirements.
- Candidate should also be familiar with common rack mounted computing equipment (servers and workstations) and networking equipment and cable selection to support interconnection and powering of selected computing equipment.
- Required skill areas include analysis of hardware requirements and support/perform related analysis (heat, weight, power).
- Skills using MS Visio to design rack layouts and preparation and review of diagrams and technical drawings.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding Networking concepts including Routers, Switches, and Firewalls.
- Ideal candidate would have experience with Juniper hardware.
- Experience using C2BMC processes and methods are desirable.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top