Simulation Software Engineer--Top Secret Clearance
- Dulles, VA
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of Northrop Grumman.
Several exciting opportunities exist for simulation software experts on large commercial space programs. Ideal candidates will have physics-based software modeling background and experience with simulation of aerospace systems and environments. Studies in computer and aerospace engineering expected. Prior work in an engineering organization and the ability to learn and excel as part of an avionics software development team is beneficial. Programming experience with C/C++ and the ability to debug simulation hardware and software for avionics integration and test environments using common lab equipment is preferred. Excellent writing, reading and speaking skills are expected as the candidate will be involved in the entire software development, test and operations lifecycle. Familiarity with typical spacecraft avionics communication standards and basic electrical engineering practices is beneficial.
The ability to work in a small team setting and effectively communicate with other engineering teams is essential. Experience with Agile and DevSecOps a plus.
• Design, develop and maintain software applications using C, C++
• Develop and direct software system testing procedures, programming and documentation.
• Design tests, collect and analyze data from simulation runs
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- B.S. Degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Software or Computer Engineering or Physics is required with a minimum of two years of experience (MS Degree can be considered with less industry experience)
- Experience in physics-based software modeling in aerospace environments.
- C/C++programming experience
- Ability to debug simulation hardware and software for avionics integration and test
- An active Top Secret clearance is required
- Experience with Agile and DevSecOps is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top