Signature Modeling Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Signature Modeling Engineer to support The Threat Modeling Center in Colorado.
The Threat Modeling Center (TMC) is responsible for the development and delivery of high fidelity threat modeling products in support of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and the MDA's Ballistic Missile Defense System. This position is for mid-level to senior-level Infrared (IR) Signature Modeling Engineer responsible for developing high fidelity signature data packages for use in a variety of modeling and simulation tools and media. Must have a good understanding of modeling and simulation methods and processes.
Must be able to apply standard engineering and mathematical algorithms to ensure the accurate portrayal of expected phenomenology characteristics during a missiles flight. The IR Signature group works closely with other TMC groups such as Targeting and Allocation, Kinematic Trajectory Generation, Missile Modeling, Documentation, and Quality Control. This group also works closely with the TMC's System Engineering and Software Development groups, as most of the tools used by the group are developed in-house.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Requirements elicitation from users
- Trouble-shooting products and data
- General threat simulation subject matter expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Aeronautics, Physics, or Math and 5 years of System Engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge of the flight characteristics, motion, and performance of ballistic missiles
- Understanding of thermodynamic heating properties as they relate to kinematic trajectories of ballistic missile systems
- Demonstrated ability to produce reliable products and documentation within established deadlines
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a dynamic team environment
- Modeling, Simulation, and automation experience a plus
- Strong math, physics or engineering background is preferred
- Strong background in infrared signature modeling
- Previous experience with scripting languages, such as python, bash, or Matlab, and how they can be used to support analysis and plotting of large data sets is highly desirable
- Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret Clearance
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top