Sensors Engineer Software 4 - Journeyman
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated Journeyman Software Engineer to join our team of professionals. These positions are located in Aberdeen, MD.
The selected candidates will support the Communications Electronic Command (CECOM) Software Engineering Center (SEC), Intelligence Electronic Warfare & Sensors (IEW&S) Directorate, Terrestrial Sensors Branch (TSB) located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD which provides software engineering and sustainment support for assigned sensor systems. This is to provide support services to CECOM SEC/IEW&S/S&ME/TSB Branch. This effort includes requirements for Software Development Support, Post Production Software Support (PPSS), and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) through developing and updating operational and training software; developing/enhancing infrastructure used for the development, testing, and dissemination of software updates; and developing/enhancing tools to support urgent operational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
2. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
3. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
4. Ensures software standards are met.
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
2. Must possess a minimum of 9 years of direct relevant work experience.
3.Must be able to provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to, application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
4.Must be able to participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
5.Must be able to solve engineering problems (or manage the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
6. Must possess a Current Secret Clearance.
7. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top