At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) is looking for a Sensor Operator to join their growing and diverse team. The position will be located in Patuxent River, MD. The SIT&E team is responsible for the manufacture, assembly, integration and testing of spacecraft and manned / autonomous aircraft. This critical work is done in labs (SIL & environmental) and flight test centers around the globe. Testing includes: Ground and Flight Test, Thermal, Dynamics, Static, Wind Tunnel, and Structural testing. The Electrical Design Engineer will be integral to ensuring on-time delivery to our diverse portfolio of programs.The Tactical Coordinator/Sensor Operator for unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) for developmental test and operational flights. Typical duties include:
- Remotely operates vehicle mission system sensor suite to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests
- Flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and mission profiles.
- Defines, plans, organizes and executes complex flight profiles and flight test events.
- Conducts briefings and debriefings, and coordinates with maintenance personnel, engineers, and test directors to analyze and correct sensor suite discrepancies.
- May conduct demonstration flights with customers, government officials or other personnel to exhibit vehicle sensor suite performance, qualities and capabilities.
- Duties as mission planner when assigned
Although a TACCO (Tactical Coordinator) is desired for this position, a successful candidate will need to be able to "dual hat". i.e. TACCOs will need to become proficient in payload operations and payload operators will need to learn TACCO duties.
- Minimum 13 years experience as flight operations or flight test crewmember
- Able to pass FAA Class III flight physical.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain a Program Security Clearance is required as condition of employment.
- BS or MS degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Minimum of 500 hours weapon system/mission system experience including multi-function radar (SAR/ISAR/Surface search), ESM and EO/IR systems.
- P3/EP3 or E2C preferred.
- Experience presenting and leading meetings with engineers, executives and customers
- Advanced user-level computer skills required within flight, simulator, and MS Office environments.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Degree in Aviation, Aerospace, Engineering, Mathematics or Science field strongly preferred.
- Experience as a Payload Operator, TACCO/Mission Commander in P-3, P8, BAMSD or RQ-4 Global hawk aircraft strongly preferred.
- Experience with technical research and the use of engineering data, electronic technical manuals
- Experience tasking subject matter experts to lead complex projects from analysis to implementation utilizing established processes, development software, and team members desired.
- Test Pilot School graduate desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top