Senior/Principal Contract Administrator
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced and motivated professional for the role of a Principal/Senior Principal Contracts Administrator (Level 3/4) with experiences in contract administration. The successful applicant will become part of the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions (CIMS) Contracts team within the Mission Systems sector, which is an internationally recognized leader in cybersecurity technologies. The position is located in Fairfax, VA as a member of the Intelligence Solutions Business Unit's Intelligence Mission Solutions Operating Unit.
Within the CIMS organization, the candidate will support team-based programs and perform activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including but not limited to strategic analysis, complex negotiations, capture strategy, proposal preparation, finance, and internal/external customer service. Ideal candidates are generally experienced in one or more areas of the contract lifecycle or contractual function(s), developing business relationships, and demonstrating an affinity for working with, or understanding technology.
Roles and responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide direct contract support such as review and approval of contractual documents to ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies as well as working with subcontract managers to determine appropriate flow downs for subcontract formation.
- Provide proposal support to include taking an active role in managing cost proposal volumes, supporting fact-finding and the negotiation process. Review and analyze government or commercial solicitations to understand requirements and advise Program Management of all relevant contract issues. Ensure company proposals are fully responsive to prospective customer requirements.
- Work with International Trade Compliance to ensure program(s) adhere to all Export/Import requirements.
- Oversee contract performance by reviewing and approving contract changes, monitoring budget, compliance documents, schedules, deliverables, and recommend actions to ensure mutually satisfactory performance.
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and, as needed, provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Maintain official program records including contractual documents to include, but not limited to, correspondence with customer, Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, contractual and financial management templates and respond to company data calls for assigned programs.
- Interface with senior management and customer counterparts. Must be a team player, independent, proactive, and possess excellent problem solving, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
To be considered for this position, a candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Principal Contract Administrator: Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years directly related experience or a Master's degree with a minimum of 4 years directly related experience.
- Sr. Principal Contract Administrator: Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years directly related experience or a Master's degree with a minimum of 8 years directly related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed-Price and/or Cost Reimbursable
- Knowledgeable of the government contracting environment and have direct experience working with the FAR and DFARS
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, writing skills, and, innovative behaviors in past projects, roles, or experiences
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Current/Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience working with Intelligence Community customers
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities effectively in a team environment
- Familiarity with terms and conditions and/or special contract clauses such as intellectual property and indemnification.
- Current/Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top