Senior Windows Monitoring Administrator - ESM Tools
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Windows Monitoring Administrator, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
The selected individual will be expected to work independently with a minimum of guidance or direction. He/she will report directly to the USPS Windows manager.
This Principal position requires a technical engineer, who is considered an expert in their field. In addition, the successful candidates will be required to lead the development and engineering of Windows based monitoring within the USPS enterprise.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitoring system design, development, deployment and end-to-end support in a Windows enterprise environment
- IT experience specializing in implementation, engineering and support of the Enterprise Event Monitoring solution (BMC, BPPM, BEM , SIM, BPA/BCO, HPE Ops Bridge, HPE OMi)
- Experience in the instantiation, integration, troubleshooting and administration of all above products on Windows-based servers
- Specification and implementation of integrations to other systems management solutions – hardware, storage, network and other 3rd party element managers
- Support and engineer integration with other enterprise monitoring tools, such as SolarWinds, xMatters, Splunk, etc
- Provides periodic reports to users and managers of monitoring status
- Provides action plan for resolution of any/all faults detected
- Develops and implements operational management process and procedures.
- Develop growth plans to ensure that the hosting environment is capable of supporting the projected growth
- Develop and implement procedures that support proactive problem detection and avoidance, including disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Support future integration of HPE Operations Bridge and other monitoring initiatives
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 10 years experience. Four additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Proven experience with Windows Server platforms in an enterprise environment
- Must possess solid working knowledge on Windows and Unix Operating systems
- Demonstrate strong Windows scripting knowledge (Powershell)
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of other scripting language (BMC PSL, Groovy, Ruby, Python)
- Experience architecting and engineering software for use within a large organization and enterprise
- Experience using any (application/hardware/os/network/portal) monitoring tools and responding to system alerts
- Strong knowledge of Windows internals, including engineering and administration of applications in an enterprise
- Should have thorough understanding of SNMP & networking
- Should possess good communication skills, inter personal skills, and customer support skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Expert level knowledge in Windows in an enterprise
- Software development experience on Windows-based systems
- Strong understanding of system calls with knowledge of how to programmatically use these calls to develop system monitoring
- Hands on experience in developing various integrations using BMC PSL, BMC MRL, C#, .NET, Python and Groovy.
- Experience in working as a part of a team involved in the implementation of enterprise monitoring solutions
- Strong cloud monitoring experience (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience implementing ITIL and change management in a large enterprise, especially from a service perspective
- Experience developing business and IT KPI's for monitoring systems and applications
- Experience in Service Impact Management and/or Event Management
- Experience with BMC (Patrol/Portal/BEM/SIM) Monitoring application tools
- Experience with Splunk
- Strong knowledge of HP Operations Manager and HPE Operations Bridge
- Strong knowledge of monitoring solutions on Windows-based systems
- SME of HPE Operations Bridge would be excellent
- Local to the Eagan, MN area (this position does not provide relocation assistance)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top