Senior Test Engineer - Special Projects
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in San Diego, CA has an opening for a Senior Test Engineer.This is a second shift position, hours are 2PM-12PM PST. The selected candidate will be a part of the software qualification test team who will be developing, dry running, executing test procedures to verify software requirements.
- Responsible for development and execution of software test cases to verify subsystem functional requirements.
- The ideal candidate is detail oriented, organized, and able to learn challenging concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Developing robust nominal & off-nominal software test cases centered on improving the user experience
- Work independently to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects at once.
- The candidate will also be expected to actively seek opportunities for process improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of experience.
- An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain program access
- Experience with Windows/Linux operating systems & Virtual Machines (VMs)
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile development methodology
- 2+ years of professional experience in an embedded software development or QC/test role
- 5 years of engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree
- Experience using software test automation tools/frameworks
- Experience with IBM Rational tool suite (DOORS and ClearQuest)
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Git, Confluence)
- Experience with Java, C++, or Python
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top