Senior Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Omnibus Multidiscipline Engineering Services II (OMES II) indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract. This program covers design, fabrication, verification, testing and operations of aerial, ground and spaceflight software and hardware for future science and space missions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- A minimum of 9 years of experience in the space industry in an engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of systems engineering experience.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Direct experience on the NASA Goddard Spaceflight Center OMES contract.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at http://careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top