Senior Systems Architect
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Systems Architect (5) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future for our customers. This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Advanced Defense Services group.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Architect with hands-on experience in the design, implementation, and management of Government or Commercial IT systems and infrastructure. This position is responsible for management of the IT strategy, engineering, operations, execution and development of policies and procedures including cloud deployment, integration, performance testing, change control, and general system Operations and Maintenance.
Job Functions / Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and manage US Government IT infrastructure environments for the operation of mission-critical systems and services
- Design, implement, and manage Cloud, SaaS, and Managed Hosting infrastructure.
- Provide leadership to a team of IT professionals including Network Engineers, Database Administrators, Systems Administrators, Windows administrators and General IT systems administration.
- Contribute to and oversee the operations and maintenance of IT infrastructures including virtualization environments, storage, application servers, security and network infrastructure, backup and archival systems, disaster recovery, Internet connectivity and service delivery.
- Gather customer requirements and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Provide resolution to production problems and coordinate After Action Reviews in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to IT process and systems documentation, regulatory compliance, and change control.
- Provide technical and project management expertise for system implementation projects.
- Ensure efficient communication and coordination between the customer and technical teams.
- Meet with vendors to gain support to achieve business objectives
Must possess a minimum 14 years of experience and a Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
Must possess a minimum of 5 years' experience building and managing highly available applications or networks.
Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in managing IT operations teams.
Must possess hands-on knowledge of virtualization technologies in a production environment.
Must possess a strong knowledge of one of the scripting languages WSH, VBScript or PowerShell.
Must possess knowledge of Solaris, Linux, and Windows OS.
Must possess knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies.
Must possess knowledge of SAN and NAS technologies.
Must possess in-depth understanding of Identity and Access Management
Must have a good understanding of Incident and Change Management procedures.
Must have the ability to clearly relay technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical people, written and verbally.
Must have the ability to address complex issues.
Must be ITIL Certified, or have the capability to earn an ITIL certification within 6 months of start.
Must have excellent problem solving, customer service, and communication skills.
Must have strong inter-personal and supervisory skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Experience with Compute Cloud Services, Cloud and Managed Hosting such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top