Senior Systems Administrator 4
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman is seeking a CSA4/Senior Systems Administrator 4 to join our team in defining the future. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team. This role is to bridge the gap between high-level security policies/requirements and technical/operational implementation of those requirements.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise and technical support to the System Admin (SA) with implementing the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Assist SA with developing necessary artifacts to meet STIG requirements and documenting responses, and provide analysis and guidance on steps required to become compliant.
- Ability to implement counter-measures or mitigating controls. Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Experience managing and implementing DoD Secure Technical Implementation guides (STIG) and STIGviewer, and SCAP Compliance Checker.
- Experience with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls within a System Plan or Actions and Milestones (POA&M).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft OS installations and network configurations on servers and workstations.
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs based off STIG requirements, vulnerability results and the ability to recommend environmental soluitons via group policy.
- Administration of classified Windows systems within strict security policies and procedures.
- Perform technical research leading to solutions for system or software limitations.
- COTS SW installation, configuration and maintenance (to include first-level application support for users).
- Creating accurate, detailed technical procedures & installation instructions.
- Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements.
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies as required.
- Bachelor's degree with 9 years of experience in computer Windows System Administration or 13 years experience in computer Windows System Administration.
- 2 -4 years experience working vulnerability management.
- Experience with National institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards and applying Operating Systems (OS), browser and application Security Technical Implementation guides (STIGs).
- Active Secret Clearance and must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Experience working with SCCM/WSUS, Server 2008 R2, MS Exchange 2010, and VMWare a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top