Senior Software Engineer
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Seaside, California. The position will support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC). The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing applications across the PSA application portfolio; working with stakeholders within DMDC and throughout the DoD; and leading other SW engineers on the program.
The successful candidate will have strong, hands-on software development skills and complete understanding of software development principles, concepts and techniques.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
Design, implement, document and test of JEE and Web applications.
Provide guidance to other team members
Assist the team and client in requirements gathering and validation
Author and present technical design documentation
Perform software development in an Oracle environment.
- B.S. , M.S., and/or Ph. D in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 9 years of experience is required (7 years with MS, 4 years with PhD) incluing project management experience.
- Strong software development skills
- Experience with Oracle and other backend technologies
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and techniques to apply security requirements in software design
- Familiar with techniques to improve performance and scaleability of software applications
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Outstanding verbal and written skills are essential
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- Active Top Secret clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience working within the DMDC PSA division.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for developing requirements, including but not limited to the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Working knowledge of Jira and MS Share Point
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top