Senior Radar Integration Engineer 4
The Senior Radar Integration Engineer reports to the Mission Systems IPT Lead.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible Engineer for radar integration, including:
- the expert on the radar design;
- responsibility for the interface control documents;
- tracking and resolving radar integration issues during development, production and field operations;
- processing change requests related to the radar, its integration into the aircraft, and its display and control from the ground station;
- providing radar inputs to test plans and conducting radar development and production testing; and,
- leading planning for radar upgrades and new capabilities.
- Work package manager for radar integration tasks, including planning and scheduling activities and reporting earned value status to control account managers and schedulers.
- Coordinating the efforts of the radar integration team.
- Coordinating with other integrated product teams, including air vehicle, ground station, systems engineering, and test; with the radar supplier, and, with customer engineering counterparts.
- Reporting radar integration status to program managers, IPT management, and customer counterparts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
- 9 Years of Experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 7 Years of Experience with a Master’s degree; 4 Years of Experience with a PhD
- Experience with airborne radar design and operation, including ground moving target indicator (GMTI) and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) modes
- Experience with radar testing (lab and flight) and interface control documents
- Experience with aerospace production and fielding
- Experience with Systems Engineering and understanding of the systems lifecycle
- Experience with earned value management
- Must have Secret security clearance
- Master’s degree in a STEM discipline from an ABET accredited university
- Interim or Active Secret security clearance
- Program/project management experience, including cost, schedule, and performance management, and risk/opportunity management
- Experience in managing suppliers
- Experience as lead engineer for team of engineers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top