Senior Project Management Professional
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Electronics and Payloads (E&P)organization is seeking a senior level Project Management Professional to join its organizationthat supports numerous programs at the Autonomous Design Center of Excellence in San Diego CA. E&P is responsible for design, integration, test, and support of numerous electronic subsystems such as radar, communications, IP networks, ground control systems,mission management, and other payloads.
In this role youwill be a key part ofourengineering teamand will report directly to thesubsystem manager. You'll be responsible foroversight and management ofthe operational aspects of ongoing engineeringprojects and serve as a liaison between the Program Office, Program Planning, andElectronics and Payloads engineer team.
- Manage the operation aspects of ongoing projects.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers and functional managers.
- Work under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives.
- Track and monitor budget using Earned Value Management.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 15years project management or engineering experience with Bachelors;13 years with Masters
- Active DoD SecretClearance or higher
- Master's Degree in a management field
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Proven success leading teams
- Risk and Opportunity management experience
- A working knowledge of Project Management principles and familiarity with concepts such as Integrated Management Systems
- Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Advanced knowledge of tools such as SharePoint, JIRA, and Microsoft Office
Back to top