Senior Principal Windows Systems Administrator
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform primarily as a Windows Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Windows servers and workstations.
• Support bare-metal and virtual machines.
• Install, harden, and patch Windows operating systems.
• Develop and document technical procedures.
• Partition disks, create physical & logical volumes, and create file systems.
• Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts; be able to query these services to troubleshoot issues in Windows environment.
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independent of others, while still coordinating actions as required.
• Install and configure COTS software; perform configuration and maintenance in a Windows environment.
• Interact with and successfully use boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested; produce presentations and recommendations.
• Occasional travel to customer sites or Northrop Grumman sites to troubleshoot, test, and deploy computer systems.
• Coordinate actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams and hardware engineers.
• Associate's degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience, or Master's degree and 7 years of experience; 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• Current Security + CE certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• US citizenship required.
• Active Secret clearance required.
• Ability to maintain security clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Experience managing Windows Server OS.
• Experience with designing Windows domain architectures (including but not limited to Active Directory, GPOs, Policies, and permissions).
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS related field.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Server management experience.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification .
• Windows domain architecture experience.
• Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
• Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
• Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
• VMWare experience with current version.
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
• Rudimentary Scripting experience.
• Experience with creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Currently active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top