Senior Principal Systems Test Engineer - Test Conductor
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Systems Test Engineer Test Conductor to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, California.
Responsible for development, update, and release of detailed test plans
* Coordinate and develop acceptance test procedures in a development test program
* Conduct on aircraft testing utilizing safe and effective strategies and processes
* Coordinate test equipment and personnel requirements in support of ground and flight test execution
* Assist in development of maintenance test plans, test schedules/procedures for development and testing
* Configuration control of weapons system configurations in order to ensure proper test set up, execution, and reporting
* Interface across multiple IPT's and external counterparts to develop test and test data requirements
* Identify and coordinate the availability and scheduling of test resources (personnel, equipment, chase, range, and others)
* Develop and release test cards to support developmental ground and flight test events
* Conduct pre-mission through post mission briefings with high level of detail and quality
* Develop and compile high fidelity test reports at various levels for submission
* Work in conjunction with lead engineers to ensure engineering tests serve mission objectives and mechanisms are in place to execute the tests
* Excellent communication skills required, must work will in team environment, and must work independently to solve complex issues and problems as they arise
* Must be able to work under only general direction to determine and develop approaches to solutions; must be able to work both within a team environment and independently; must be self-motivated, thorough, and detailed; and must be willing to learn additional engineering discipline areas and take on new assignments.
* Position is temporarily located in Melbourne Florida with transition to Palmdale, CA
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9+ years of flight test experience OR
* Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7+ years of flight test experience OR
* PhD Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years of experience of flight test experience.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance.
* Must be able to obtain Special Access Program clearance prior to start
* Master's Degree in a STEM from an accredited university
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
* Minimum of 7 years as FTE/Test Conductor
* Minimum of 7 years as FTE/Test Conductor in a Development Test Program
* Minimum of 7 years of Flight Test Engineering experience
* Mission Control Room (MCR) Test Conductor experience
* Experience coordinating and supporting TRR's, FRR's, and SRB's in support of ground and flight test execution
* Willing to work additional assignments beyond the defined requirements of this position
* Experience with Airworthiness Criteria certification artifact identification and submittal to satisfy MIL-STD-516 requirements
* Active Top Secret DoD security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top