Senior Principal System Administrator
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Principal Systems Administrator based out of McClellan, CA (Sacramento area). You will be part of a team of System Administrators supporting development and implementation of fielded systems used by the warfighter.
What You'll get to Do:
- Maintain system configurations and networks following disciplined CM processes, frequently in a classified environment.
- Work with a variety of equipment, such as desktop PCs, servers, NAS, routers and switches to configure and maintain specialized computing environments.
- Install Hardware/Software and configuring systems
- Create and manage virtual computing environments with VMware and Docker
- Patching systems, scanning systems for vulnerabilities (Security Center/Nessus, SCAP), hardening systems (DISA STIGS), auditing log files, updating virus definitions and participating in successful IS accreditations and inspections
- Plan for and maintain development networks, storage, COTS upgrades, virus definitions and collaboration tools, create and maintain user accounts
- Configure network devices such as Cisco routers and switches, firewalls and wireless access points
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years, Master's degree with 8 years, AA/AS degree with 12 years, or 14 years of relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows system administration.
- Experience with common system administration tools and operating system shell commands
- Experience creating and managing VMware VM's and/or Docker images
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Basic understanding of computer and network security
- Experience with shell (Bash, csh, PowerShell, etc.) or Python scripting
- Current active TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience installing and maintaining Unix (Linux), Windows, and virtualized environments as well as Active Directory and Centrify.
- Certifications for Security+, CISSP, RedHat 6/7, Windows Server, VMware
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top