Senior Principal Software Quality Engineer--Spacecraft Ground Software Development
- Dulles, VA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific
discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions
of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
We are seeking Senior Principal Engineer software candidates for our Space Division. The location for this role is in Dulles, VA but we may have the ability to offer telecommuting with some stipulations.
Candidates will be responsible for:
We are seeking Software Quality Engineers in our Dulles, VA area for the following responsibilities:
• Participate in development of test plans for complex systems in accordance with overall testing strategy
• Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and execute manual and automated test scripts
• Develop and execute maintainable automation tests in Cucumber for functional, system, and regression test cases
• Investigate and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary and provide test coverage analysis based on automation results
• Participation in sprint planning and backlog refinement: estimation sessions to define acceptance criteria, ensures that the team's acceptance criteria for stories and tasks is appropriate and being met universally
• Quality Assurance to ensure full functional testing of new features being added every sprint, as well as full regression testing for all previously implemented functionality in every sprint
• Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing Automation efforts
• Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test object developed and test environments used
• Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics and provide weekly and monthly status to the management
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Software Engineering or closely related discipline (or 5 Years with Masters in Engineering or closely related discipline and 3 Years with PhD in Software Engineering or close related discipline.)
- Experience testing software supporting satellite Mission Planning, Tasking/Workflow, Flight Dynamics, Simulation, Mission Monitoring, Command & Control, or other Space Segment related functionality
- Demonstrated experience in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- US Citizenship is required for this position as well as the ability to obtain a
- Top Secret clearance following hire.
- an Active Top Secret clearance is preferred.
Back to top