Senior Principal Software Engineer-Secure Processing
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation and our allies safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
NGMS is seeking an Embedded C/C++ Software Engineerto work within a team that is responsible for writing device drivers, middleware, and application development for Linux and/or VxWorks Platforms. The work will involve design, development, integration, debugging, and verification of software and drivers in C/C++ and AGILE. Theengineer will interface with systems engineering to develop software requirements and technical specifications. The engineerwill help to identify risks, suggest mitigation, track defects and develop resolutions and report status. This person will also assist in the development and execution unit, building verification test plans, as well as tracking and reporting test status.
This position is located in Baltimore, MD.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related STEM discipline
- At least9 yearsof professional experience in related industry(7 years with MS degree;4 years with PhD)
- Proficiency in AGILE and/or C/C++ and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance required
- Familiarity with a structured process driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required
- DoD Secret Clearance is required to start (not required for consideration)
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic, secure comms, logging, SW deployment) is preferred
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification
- Active US Security Clearance at a Secret level or above.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top