Senior Principal Software Engineer - Secure Processing
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation and our allies safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
NGMS is seeking a Senior Principal Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer to work within a team that is responsible for writing device drivers, middleware, and application development for Linux and/or VxWorks Platforms. The work will involve design, development, integration, debugging, and verification of software and drivers in C/C++ and AGILE. The engineer will interface with systems engineering to develop software requirements and technical specifications. The engineer will help to identify risks, suggest mitigation, track defects and develop resolutions and report status. This person will also assist in the development and execution unit, building verification test plans, as well as tracking and reporting test status.
This position is located in Baltimore, MD.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- At least 9 years of professional experience in related industry (7 years with MS degree; 4 years with PhD)
- Proficiency in AGILE and/or C/C++ and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance required
- Familiarity with a structured process driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required
- An ACTIVE US DoD Security Clearance at the Secret Level (or higher) is required for this position.
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Special Access Programs (SAP) prior to starting employment.
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic, secure comms, logging, SW deployment) is preferred
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification
Back to top