Senior Principal Software Data Scientist
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of a team performing data analytics where the efforts/results will positively impact program design/proposal/orals? If so, there is a future for you to support a portfolio of highly visible and strategic programs at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Software Data Scientistto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Fair Lakes, VA.
* The ideal candidate should be an experienced data scientist that can participate in creating analytic models to assess the probability of threat and identify patterns of potential illegal activities.
* These efforts would include analysis of data at large scales as well as significant data preparation and cleansing.
* The candidate would also use open source tools to create, train, and refine entity resolution pipelines first with test data and then potentially with real customer data. These efforts would go towards inclusion in highly visible and strategic programs.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years' related technical experience required. An additional 4 years of related technical experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance required.
* Minimum of 9 years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
* Experience with data analytics
* Demonstrated experience working with Python (especially with Python Data Stack), and R.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Familiarity with open-source tools Magellan or JedAI.
* Experience with and understanding of doing business with the federal government, particularly with the DHS customer/datasets.
* Experience with Entity Resolution or Master Data Management tools.
* Experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
* Technical writing skills and experience with generating technical documents in support of a software development project.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top