Senior Principal Program Planning Analyst/SCHEDULER
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Senior Principal Program Planning Analyst/SCHEDULER to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Business Management team, supporting the Program Scheduling and Compliance (PS&C) Organization. This position may be located in Annapolis, Annapolis Junction, or Linthicum, MD.
The Planning Analyst/SCHEDULER is responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff. The ideal candidate will have strong teambuilding skills, exhibit strong leadership potential, and possess comprehensive verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure major Projects and Programs Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Engage with the Program Team to perform thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and suggests/creates/implements work around to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Perform risk analyses, and identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Understand numerous facets of scheduling and contribute to the development of new scheduling concepts, techniques and standards.
- Provide interface/support to program office, IPT leads/CAMs and less experienced schedulers to achieve program objectives.
- Support new business proposal providing recommendations on schedule methodologies and proposal strategies and develop an IMP and IMS.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years' related professional experience -OR - a Master's degree with 8 years' related professional experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of project scheduling experience using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools.
- Experience with Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools.
- 6 years of experience using MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- US CItizenship is required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field.
- 10 or more years of scheduling experience and expert proficiency in Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools as demonstrated by an understanding of the tool's properties and functions, including:
- exports and imports,
- multi-project consolidation,
- inter-project linkage,
- ability to create a variety of views, tables, filters, and reports.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge when using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools
- Working knowledge of EVMS guidelines and processes.
Back to top