Senior Principal O&S Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, you will have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. You will preserve freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. Northrop Grummanlooks for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Payloads Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
You will provide Operations and Sustainment support of payload systems in lab and field environments.
- Tracking deployed assets, collecting asset-related status reports from the field to support statistical and anomaly reporting, coordinating with Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) team as the Point of Contact (POC) for the Integrated Product Team (IPT), participating in Material Improvement Process Review Board meetings and providing feedback and responses to action items as necessary, monitoring Line Replaceable Units (LRU) returned from the field, coordinating their repair at the supplier facility and communicating successfully across engineering, operations, and logistics teams in order to implement requirements.
- Coordinate with customers and vendors to ensure that required assets are in place and functional in order to effectively support operations and that any failed assets are returned to the supplier in a timely manner for repair.
- Responding to the customer with technical guidance related to operation and maintenance of applicable payload systems.
- Pre-test support responsibilities include support and checkout of the various payload systems, including but not limited to test planning activities to ensure that test objectives are achieved and results remain within operational specifications of the subsystem.
- Post-test support responsibilities include review, analysis and defect investigation of test logs, and validation of test data files, hardware and software troubleshooting on the platform and defect duplication and analysis in a lab.
- Meeting support responsibilities include system readiness reviews, site specific training, test briefs and debriefs, security and coordination with test directors.
- Experience preparing detailed requirements specifications, statements of work, test plans and procedures, certification plans, procedures and performance reports.
- Coordination of anomalies with NG engineering and supplier SMEs. This includes review of service bulletins, training for new software upgrades, review of new NG and supplier generated Discrepancy Reports and tracking existing DRs, as new analyses become available.
- Support payload system operator training, QA activities, DMS issues and obsolescence management, logistics, return material authorization activities, logging, review and reporting of system maintenance metrics, analysis and confirmation of mean time between failures, support for correction of defects and flight test justification activities and lab sustainment.
You willthrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. You willcollaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
BS in Engineering (Electrical/Computer Science, Mechanical, or Aerospace) or related STEM discipline (Physics, Mathematics, Aerospace) and 9 years of experience with a BS or 7 years of experience with an MS.
This position requires the ability to obtain (in a timely manner) and maintain access to Special Programs. Final Top Secret clearance required to start.
MS in Engineering. Experience working with various airborne payload systems. Systems Integration, Analysis, Test, Operations, or Development experience a plus.
Active Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top