Senior Principal Operations Research Analyst 4, Planning and Scheduling (MAS)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Operations Research Analyst4, Planning and Scheduling, who will supportthe MASScheduling Division. The individual must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent programs and will become part of the MAS Schedule Management. Must have an active DoD Secret clearance with program access eligibility to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate updates and changes with the Program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to identify and address interdependencies and resources such as Flight Test, Labs, GFPs, etc. constraints across the Program
- Ensures major Program Schedules and Plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across functional groups
- Support program planning activities by conducting what ifs analyses to assess programmatic & technical impacts
- Analyzes actual and predictable interacting operational activities to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques.
- Devises modeling and measuring techniques; utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines.
- Provides weekly status and reporting
- Implements scheduling best practices as prescribed by industry to include, but not limited to:
- IPMR DI-MGMT-81861
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Critical Path Analysis
- Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA)
- Schedule Performance and Health Metrics & Analysis
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, meet deadlines and produce analyses in a timely manner
- Ability to perform detailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analysis and make recommendations to solve problems
- Ability to create presentation content and present to various levels of leadership
- Ability to effectively work with multiple functional teams, supplier teams, and the Program/Project Manager
Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with 9 years of work experience in Planning & Scheduling, Finance, Pricing, Program Management, or Engineering; OR a Master's degree with 7 years
Must have an active DoD Secret clearance and/or SSBI with SCI access eligibility to be considered for this position
Certifications: PM, PMP or SP
Exposure to Aerospace Industry and Defense Acquisition programs
Knowledge of Microsoft Project or Scheduling Software
Exposure to Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development, baseline, and management
Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top