Senior Principal Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Senior Principal Manufacturing Engineer to join our Military Structures Manufacturing team at our Clearfield, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Support manufacturing in mid and high-rate composite part production facility. Work closely with manufacturing, quality and operation personnel to solve production issues related to various JSF work cells. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts to the customer(s). Support root cause and corrective action investigations. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
This position will support production to resolve manufacturing issues on day shift in the FCC COE at the Clearfield Utah facility. The position will have the option to work Monday through Friday or on a 9/80 work schedule.
- Candidate must have a pplicable
- Process/Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of root cause/corrective action processes and techniques
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Mode sand Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements
Experience Preferred :
- Functional knowledge of production control systems
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures with Solumina.
- Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve process
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, strong oral, and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organization and multitasking skills
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment
- Electronic shop floor authoring experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong attention to detail Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering ( aerospace, mechanical, or material sciences engineering) required with 9 years of experience, MS with 7 years of experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top