Senior Principal Financial/Program Cost Control Analyst
Start your future with a new mission! Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Senior Principal Finance/Program Cost Control Analyst to support the Business Management organization located in Annapolis, Maryland.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives. Acts as an advisor to senior management and customers.
- Effectively communicate with leadership and customers regarding financial status, metrics and deliverables.
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Perform Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks, Integrated Baseline Review (IBR), customer EVM reporting, set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Establishing a budget/EAC, analyzing capital expenditures and preparing reports for programs.
- Perform monthly and quarterly Estimates at Complete (EACs).
- Prepares and updates ETC, Baselines, Task Description and Basis of Estimate (TD/BOE), and establishes Performance Measurement reporting/customer reporting requirements
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Interface with program and functional management to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
- Participate in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with Peers.
- Bachelor's Degree with 10 years' related experience - OR - a Master's degree with 8 years related experience. (An additional 4 years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.)
- Prior related experience with balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow.
- Strong PC Skills required, specifically high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Prior financial reporting and analysis experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of internal customers (i.e. Contracts, Program Management, Operations, Global Supply Chain, etc.) on a regular basis to obtain and share information.
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- Current, active US Secret level security clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or related business discipline Financial analysis experience within the Defense Industry
- Current and active TS/SCI with Poly
- Program cost control experience
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience and Earned Value Management Customer Reporting experience
- Experience with GAAP, as well as Government Financial accounting practices
- Experience with Microsoft Project & PowerPoint
- Experience preparing and presenting complex financial analysis to executive level management
- Experience with program planning/scheduling
- Experience in DoD setting with understanding of government Cost Accounting Standards, FAR, & DFARs
- Experience with MPM, winSight, Cobra
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top